Monday, December 20, 2010

Santa is coming to town...more like we are trying to find him...

In preparation for Santa's big day in town, we thought that he and Eli should meet beforehand. I wanted Eli to have a chance to tell him what he wanted for Christmas. So, this is a chronicle of our attempts and some pictures. And, as I have been typing this, I discovered a small little miracle. Anyone that knows Eli knows that he has never done well with the car. Well, he is fine in the car now, but still isn't a baby that goes to sleep in the car, EVER. However, in a small little Christmas miracle, our Santa attempts have caused Eli to pass out on the end of our adventures...so precious, had to take pictures!

So, our first attempt to meet Santa was a week ago, to Willow Bend Mall in Plano. This is where Eli met the Easter bunny for the first time. So, why not give it a shot...it was easy then. Um, yeah...'no'! I guess it was easy, because I went during the work week when all of the other parents were working. Keith and I entered the mall to see this......
(this happened to be on the Family Guy episode the night of our first encounter).
Ok, so no Santa shot, but we were able to snag these cute pics with Keith and I near some of the holiday decorations around the workshop.Pass out #1.

So, attempt number two. I took Eli up to the Villages in Allen after work one day. I got there around 5:15 or 5:30 to run into a 3 hour wait and already have the line shut down..yeah, um..I don't think so.
Yes, this was the line from where I stood, in addition to the virtual que that was already 3 hours long.
So, Eli and I went shopping instead! But, couldn't resist taking a picture of his cute outfit. See his cute argyle sweater and little black dress shoes!?! He looked just like Daddy!
Pass out #2

Finally, today...we have lift off! Keith and I went back to Villages in Allen after signing up for the virtual que. It was awesome! I got constant text updates on our progress in the line, while Eli napped at the house, heck yes. We got ready with 'Santa outfit #3' and Keith decided on the hair do, very cute. We arrived right in time to stand in the actual line for only a few minutes. Santa was really sweet and mentioned that we might want to 'back Eli into the picture' instead of facing him forward. I guess babies and get a little scared. But, Eli did great! He posed so sweetly for the pictures and even smiled in a ton of them. :) So, here is what we got...
So sweet! Santa gave Eli a kiss!
And pass out #3, success!!

1 comment:

The Jemison Family said...

So sweet! Glad it worked out for you the last time. He is so handsome.... love him.