Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Whirl Wind

Oh my goodness...our world is swirling right now. September has been such a crazy month for our lil' family, and continuing to be crazy.

So? Eli is/was sick..."what's up with that"? Well, we took him to the doctor last week. They said that it was a 'stomach bug', and it too shall pass. He started making strides mid week to recovery. In fact, we thought we were almost out of the woods, and then Saturday morning he had another fever spike. That continued onto Sunday...or was it Monday? So, now we are still dealing with a lingering, something. Additionally, he has started having some other small, and off beat symptoms. We are going to keep an eye on it, but another doctors appointment may be in our near future.

On top of this, I just got back from a trip to Denver for the Great American Beer Festival and Denver Oktoberfest. I would be lying if I didn't say that it was one of the better work trips that I have taken. However, that trip was just one was among several trips for the G family. Next week I will be off to New Orleans, and Keith will be heading to Connecticut for training. So, 'yes' that means this will be Keith and I's first time away from Eli for more than a night. In fact, it is going to total 3 nights...basically 4, without either of us. I am really sad thinking about it and stressed. I am really ready for October to be here, because it is a far less hectic month. And, well, it is October...my favorite month of the year and best Texas weather!

So, that is really the only update that I have for you. Eli is not totally better and I am beyond stressed right now. Exciting post, huh? Sorry to disappoint...but hopefully I will have something better for you after next week.

Here are some pictures from this last week.
Here is my ticket for the Great American Beer Festival. Just looked like fun.
Love this! A huge bear trying to break into the Denver Convention Center...clearly the bear wants beer. This sculpture was huge!
Once Eli started feeling better this weekend, we snapped some cute pictures of Mr. Messy eating. :)
This is him taking control of the situation. He has to grab the spoon and put it in his mouth himself. He is quite the controlling type. In this picture, he also has his hands in/on the food container, too....multi-tasking.



No comments: