Saturday, August 14, 2010

Whoa!

In an attempt to cancel a gym membership the other day, Keith and I somehow ended up becoming more invested in our purchase. Not only did we not end up canceling our membership, we took a a tour of the children's area. So, Keith and I decided to make the jump today and go to the gym for the first time since Eli was born (I am not kidding, it is hard to find the time to do anything when you are a working mom). Not only did we go to work out, we dropped Eli off in then nursery. This is the first time we have dropped him off in 'nursery setting'. He has a nanny at our house during the work day and goes to my mom's and Susan's, but never been dropped off at a 'new/strange' place.

The verdict? Eli did great! I kept waiting to get the page to come rescue my crying baby, but he did fantastic...the page never came! When we came down stairs he was laying on the ground with two other little boys that looked similar in age, just chilling. The girls said that he did fantastic and only got upset once (another crying baby set him off), and was calmed with his bottle.

How did I do? Lord, save me. I would be lying if I said that I did start wishing that I would get the page to rescue my crying baby, "Eli cry...Eli cry". I went into an insanely intense class. It was really really intense cardio, combined with free weights and push-ups. I can't believe how out of shape I was, because I was having to do the 'modified' version of a lot of stuff. What else did I discover? Everything jiggles a lot more after you have a baby. I was also inspired by all of the other moms that were in my class, and just how buff and in shape they are. I looked around and realized that I have no excuses to not be in shape, in some capacity.

So, I don't have any pictures of us at the gym (thank God). But, I have to leave you with some cute recent videos that we took of Eli on his 6 month birthday. He is so chatting now. He is always making zurburts and the sweetest little sounds. Also, he seems to be using inflection, too! So, when I talk to him or ask him questions, I can almost make out what 'would be' his answers. :)




No comments: