Sunday, March 13, 2011

Nanny Drama...Once and For All!

If you have been following this blog at any point in the last year then you are well aware of some of the nanny drama that Keith and I have experienced. First, we had our first nanny get engaged and tell us she was moving to Alaska. Nanny #2 had to follow her husband to Corsicana for a teaching job. ....and Nanny #3 was alright, but just didn't work out (scheduling and overall dissatisfaction). So, we moved onto Nanny #4! Great girl, young, good head on her shoulders, ect...ect..(or so we thought). #4 was doing great for us, but I still mentioned to Keith that we might want to consider day care, because it would save us some money. He wasn't exactly a fan of the idea, but Eli is old enough to benefit from the interaction and extra education. So, that was the end of that a nutshell.

Fast forward about 3-4 days. I get a text at 6:30am from #4 saying she has food poisoning. Keith calls in sick and spends the day with Eli. I ask that he use some of his spare time to stop by the daycare for a tour to get educated on the place...just in case (he does, and was pleased). Next day...#4 calls in sick AGAIN, ugh! Drama! She comes back to watch Eli on Thursday, and had already requested off for Friday (b/c it was her birthday). So, my mom watches Eli on Friday...when around 3pm I get a text from #4....YES, A TEXT!! Saying something to the extent of 'I have found another job with benefits and it starts on Monday, sorry for the inconvenience'. Yes...that short and sweet...and again, VIA TEXT! Argh!

I flip...immediately call the daycare ask if they can work miracles for us (as they weren't supposed to have an opening until May). Well, lucky for us the opening got pushed up until March 18th...but we still needed a miracle. After an hour of them figuring out how to move kids around, they came to our rescue and said that he could start Monday, hooray! So, after that problem was solved I made sure to get #4 on the phone. I stern fully, but politely told her how unprofessional and disrespectful she was. Also, how horrible it was that she left us in a lurch in such short notice, and she needed to know that as a future mother. I also learned that her 'food poison' was a cover for some interview days....yeah, awesome. Argh! Well...the conversation didn't go anywhere, but I did get my point across!

So...Monday arrives! We get Eli ready for school and both take him up there. When we arrive we meet his teacher to which he holds out his arms and asks to be held by her. He took to her and continued to be carried around the room like a little koala bear. No tears on our departure...but a ton after we left. Day #1: No sleep, hardly ate and cried all day. #2 : Little sleep, little food, little less crying. #3: More sleep, more food, less less crying. #4: SICK! Yes...little guy didn't even make it through the first week before getting sick. We got the call to pick him up and then had to find care for Friday. He has been recovering from a throat infection all weekend and is going to hang around the house with me tomorrow for extra precaution.

Needless to say, the last week has been drama filled. But, it was divine intervention and things will totally work out for the best. We are very excited about the potential that the daycare has for him and bought some vitamins today to help boost his immune system. :)

1 comment:

KRiSTiN said...

MAN! That is some serious craziness. Day care has been insanely good for Carter. Socially he's inmproved dramatically and he's learned things that I would never have thought to teach him. He loves to come home and sing me the songs and stories he's learned. :)