Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Great Day...

So, I recently realized that Eli and I were in a bit of a 'rut' with how we chose to spend our time. Suddenly it dawned on me that we hadn't done any art projects together, even though he does them all the time at school. In fact, he is quite the artist! So, we decided to head to Michaels and load up on some supplies. We left complete with: washable paints, brushes, sidewalk chalk, felt, googely eyes, cotton balls, bakers clay, paper, glue, crayons, paper....and of course a toy snack. :) Additionally, while we were roaming the isles we did a little role playing, and Eli preferred to be a 'zoo keeper' over a pirate.

In honor of 9/11, it seemed only fitting to do an American flag. In the middle of 'moms prep time', Eli kept himself busy with alternative projects. Finally, after the supplies were ready, we got off and running and had a blast. Ok, ok, so I needed to do a little bit more research on 'glue for felt', but we made it work in the end....and our beautiful masterpiece is pictured below.

To unwind at the end of the day, and Eli to regain his 'man card', we chilled out to watch the first half of the Cowboys v. Jets game. Eli had to go to bed, of course, so I will have to tell him how it ended in the morning. But, just shortly before he hit the bed, we concluded our night with a little bedtime story and 'talk about I love you' via phone. Yes....I am one of the few unintelligent people that carry two phones in life. And, Eli LOVES to talk on one while I talk on the other. Most of the time he just picks up any phone he sees and puts it to his ear, but when I can take advantage of making the call to him, I do. He was sure to go over all of his animal sounds with me, tonight (my favorites are 'cat', 'spaceship', 'horse', and 'frog). All in all, we had a good day. :)







1 comment:

Terra said...

That is seriously cute! Adler isn't much into art, so instead I get to play Pokemon, Star Wars and Hungry Hippos!