Thursday, January 27, 2011

We are walking!!

So, I believe I mentioned before all of the stuff that Eli was doing in just a short span of time. I swear I went out of town for a few nights and my son was showing off an artillery of new tricks and skills. Well, let's add one more to the list....WALKING!! After returning home, Keith and I noticed that he was a lot more comfortable standing on his own (unassisted). So, it was only a matter of time before he started walking....and he did. Friday night after Keith got home from work. Eli was playing and Keith reached out and called his name, and before we knew it...1, 2, ....2.5 steps, we have lift off! I was the anxious mom ready with the camera, so...yes..this is actually the video of Eli's first steps! YAY!



More progress in Eli's world? Well, I am starting to realize just how much he is comprehending and understanding, and it is awesome. I showed him some flash cards and one said 'nose' with a picture of a nose, and he pointed to my nose. He also did the same thing when he saw the word and picture of 'clap'. It is just so cool to see all of the information processing in his head!

So, I guess we should officially start a count down, huh? Eli's birthday is just a few weeks away! I can't wait to celebrate my lil' mans first and awesome year of life in my world!

No comments: